Brighton High School
Mission Statement: Working as a team, we see our mission as ensuring that our students develop their full potential,
so as lifelong learners they are prepared for the next level and can both contribute to and benefit from society.
- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Note on (New to BHS) Student Registration: Please call the school at 901-840-9400 to make an appointment to register for classes with our counselors. (This does not apply to 8th graders registering during 8th grade registration week.)
- Bookkeeping Note: As parents are writing checks for various organizations and dues, please make all checks payable to Brighton High. On the memo line, please make sure the student's name and grade are included on the check. A phone number also will need to be on there somewhere. Thanks!
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Your first point of reference should be our school's social networking sites. You could also check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: If a device is confiscated, the phone can be picked up at the end of the day in the front office by a parent or guardian.
- Check Out Policy: Students must have guardian's permission to check out. After 5 checkouts, parents must check out students in person. Seniors must have Coach Crowson's signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
Order your 2021 25th Anniversary Cardinal Yearbook NOW!
Upcoming Events and News
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR:
Class of 2022 Senior picture schedule-If you cannot come at your assigned time, please stop by Room 416 as you leave for the day to reschedule. The studio will not reschedule senior picture appointments at school and the school cannot do it for you!
Scroll down to check out the calendar! We've added all the dates we know...so far!
All Distance Learner information has been moved to the Distance Learning tab under Academics.
BHS Yearbook Class of 2021 Grad Ads forms are out! Ads are due back to Ms. Holmes in room 118 by 3/15/21 or you can mail them in. Full payment is due by 4/8/21.
All Covid-19 Response Documentation is on the BHS Facts and History Page. (There's a link at the bottom.)
Mu Alpha Theta Induction Ceremony is linked on our YouTube channel! Check it out!
The 2020-2021 Yearbook is on sale NOW for $65. Order yours today!
Juniors, order your class ring from Herff Jones today!
Any students that have participated in a varsity sport, cheer, or band that wish to purchase a letter jacket, see Coach Crowson or order online below. https://gsjackets.com/
TRANSCRIPTS are available by clicking the link and hard copies are in the front office. Email or fax transcript requests to Nina Makris If you need a transcript or a PERMIT REQUEST form filled out, please pick them up in the front office and and please allow a 2 day processing window.
Please save your receipts! We cannot issue a refund without a receipt.
Questions or comments? Contact the BHS Webmaster
Disclaimer: All linked sites are not under the control of BHS, and neither the school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our school or district.