Note: At this time, website images are only visible through Google Chrome browser. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Your first point of reference should be our school's social networking sites. You could also check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: According to the Tipton County Policy, students are allowed to have cell phones or any multi-media devices as long as they are being used for educational purposes in the classroom under teacher observation. If students are using cell phones for other reasons, they can still be confiscated. Confiscated devices can be picked up in the office from
an administrator after a nine week semester for the first offense or at
the end of the school term for the second offense.By signing a contract agreement, devices can be picked up before the
nine week period by parents from the hours of 8am until 4pm
on Wednesdays only.
- Check Out Policy: Students
must have guardian's permission to check out. Seniors must have Coach
Crowson's signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
Disclaimer: All linked sites are not under the control of BHS, and neither the school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our school or district.
UPCOMING EVENTS at BHS:
- Parents' Guide to Being TN Ready-A parent's guide to the new state testing.
- Due to the late return of TN Ready testing scores, no report cards will be available until mid-June.
- Yearbook has extended the $65 price through February 26 for all online sales!
- The choir is hosting a Sugar Rush Concert at BMS 2/12 at 7 pm. Tickets are $5.
- Varsity basketball is at home this week! Support the Cardinals!
- The state of Tennessee has canceled all online tests for TNReady. This does not mean the tests are canceled altogether. We will be administering paper/pencil versions of the same test that students would have taken online at a different date. Please check back for updates when they become available.
- The counselors' office shared this Varsity Tutors testing prep link and Prep Scholar ACT link on their website, and it's too helpful not to share from the homepage as well!
- Bookkeeping note: As parents are writing checks for various organizations and dues, please make all checks payable to Brighton High. On the memo line, please make sure the student's name and grade are included on the check. A phone number also will need to be on there somewhere. Thanks!
- The counselors' page has been updated. Check it out for dates and the newest student newsletter.
- Student sports passes are for sale! See Coach Crowson. $40 pass gets you in to ALL home sporting events during the 2015-2016 school year.
December 6, 2002