IT'S GREAT TO BE A BRIGHTON CARDINAL!
- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Your first point of reference should be our school's social networking sites. You could also check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: According to the Tipton County Policy, students are allowed to have cell phones or any multi-media devices as long as they are being used for educational purposes in the classroom under teacher observation. If students are using cell phones for other reasons, they can still be confiscated. Confiscated devices can be picked up in the office from
an administrator after a nine week semester for the first offense or at
the end of the school term for the second offense.By signing a contract agreement, devices can be picked up before the
nine week period by parents from the hours of 8am until 4pm
on Wednesdays only.
- Check Out Policy: Students
must have guardian's permission to check out. Seniors must have Coach
Bounds' signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
Disclaimer: All linked sites are not under the control of BHS, and neither the school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our school or district.
UPCOMING EVENTS at BHS:
- Progress Reports will go home in home room Thursday, April 16 along with invitations to Honors Night. Any student receiving an invitation will receive an award.
- Make plans to attend Honors Night on Thursday, April 30! It will be a great night!
- Juniors who need to reschedule appointments for senior pictures at Jimmy Alford Studios will need to call 901-332-2611 Ext 119. Our front office cannot reschedule appointments for you.
- We have a new tab on the webpage! There is now a BHS Calendar tab with school-wide events. (The system calendar is still available under "About BHS.")
- Registration will be here before we know it. As an FYI, here is what the registration forms will look like:
- Our baseball, softball, tennis, track, and soccer teams are all in season! Support your Cardinals!
- Our school nurse is sharing information about flu season. Check out Flu Guide for Parents.
- Tennessee Scholars link has been updated on the Academics tab.
- Yearbooks are on sale for $80. See Mrs. Jackie Howard or you can buy yours online at Yearbook Forever.
- Our VAP kitchen class is selling lunches for
teachers. Please have your order in to Room 115 by Friday for the
following week. A student will deliver your lunch to your room!
- Miss open house? Check out the information that was presented last Thursday night during class meetings.
- 2014-15 traffic routes for pick up and drop offs.
- Our school phone numbers are being updated. The main line
is now 901-840-9400. For a complete list of posted numbers, please
access About BHS-Contact Us.
December 6, 2002