SPRING IS IN THE AIR...AND ON THE FIELD
- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: According to the Tipton County Policy, students are allowed to have cell phones or any multi-media devices as long as they are being used for educational purposes in the classroom under teacher observation. If students are using cell phones for other reasons, they can still be confiscated. Confiscated devices can be picked up in the office from
an administrator after a nine week semester for the first offense or at
the end of the school term for the second offense.By signing a contract agreement, devices can be picked up before the
nine week period by parents from the hours of 8am until 4pm
on Wednesdays only.
- Check Out Policy: Students
must have guardian's permission to check out. Seniors must have Coach
Bounds' signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
Disclaimer: All linked sites are not under the control of BHS, and neither the school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our school or district.
UPCOMING EVENTS at BHS:
- Good Friday is April 18. No school in observance of the holiday.
- Honors Night will be in the gymnasium on Thursday, April 24 at 6:30. Invitations went home in home room and have been mailed home.
- National Honor Society induction will be April 25 at 6:30.
- Please take note of the NEW tutoring bus schedule:
- Tuesday-Covington, Brighton, Highway 14 area
- NO tutoring bus will run on Wednesdays or Fridays.
- Information for the REDI college scholarship is out! Seniors, go apply!
- There are so many opportunities to get out and support our students this week! GO CARDINALS!
- Our school phone numbers are being updated. the main line
is now 901-840-9400. For a complete list of posted numbers, please
access About BHS-Contact Us.
- Our website has a new feature! Teachers can now log in to keep attendance for tutoring sessions. Go to the academics tab then click on "tutoring attendance."
- Yearbooks are on sale for the 2013-2014 school year. See a yearbook staff member, advisor, or you can order your book on line Yearbooks Forever. DEADLINE IS APRIL 30.
December 6, 2002