Note: At this time, website images are only visible through Google Chrome browser. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Your first point of reference should be our school's social networking sites. You could also check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: According to the Tipton County Policy, students are allowed to have cell phones or any multi-media devices as long as they are being used for educational purposes in the classroom under teacher observation. If students are using cell phones for other reasons, they can still be confiscated. Confiscated devices can be picked up in the office from
an administrator after a nine week semester for the first offense or at
the end of the school term for the second offense.By signing a contract agreement, devices can be picked up before the
nine week period by parents from the hours of 8am until 4pm
on Wednesdays only.
- Check Out Policy: Students
must have guardian's permission to check out. Seniors must have Coach
Crowson's signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
Disclaimer: All linked sites are not under the control of BHS, and neither the school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our school or district.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND NEWS at BHS:
- Sports passes are still on sale for $40. This deal is open to students only, and a sports pass admits students into all home games during the school year.
- Check out our athletics tab and school calendar tab for full schedules of events. Football, volleyball, cheerleading, golf, girls soccer, and cross country are all up and running. Thank you for supporting our Cardinals!
- Clubs are actively recruiting students still. Mu Alpha Theta, SADD, DECA, and FBLA want you to join! See a club sponsor for details.
- Any Juniors interested in applying for TOTAL Youth need to complete the online application at www.southtipton.com/total-youth by 8/23/16. Once the application is completed it needs to be printed as a PDF, signed by the parent/guardian, and submitted to Mrs. Jackson in guidance. Students must have a 2.8 GPA, good attendance, and good behavior. No applications will be accepted after 8/23/16.The BHS Calendar tab has been updated with end of the year dates and times. Sports schedules are on the Athletics page. As always, dates, times, and locations are subject to change.
- Bookkeeping note: As parents are writing checks for various organizations and dues, please make all checks payable to Brighton High. On the memo line, please make sure the student's name and grade are included on the check. A phone number also will need to be on there somewhere. Thanks!
December 6, 2002