Note: At this time, website images are only visible through Google Chrome browser. We apologize for this inconvenience.
- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Your first point of reference should be our school's social networking sites. You could also check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: According to the Tipton County Policy, students are allowed to have cell phones or any multi-media devices as long as they are being used for educational purposes in the classroom under teacher observation. If students are using cell phones for other reasons, they can still be confiscated. Confiscated devices can be picked up in the office from
an administrator after a nine week semester for the first offense or at
the end of the school term for the second offense.By signing a contract agreement, devices can be picked up before the
nine week period by parents from the hours of 8am until 4pm
on Wednesdays only.
- Check Out Policy: Students
must have guardian's permission to check out. Seniors must have Coach
Crowson's signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
Disclaimer: All linked sites are not under the control of BHS, and neither the school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our school or district.
UPCOMING EVENTS at BHS:
- Tuesday, August 2: Student Registration Day. This is a half day for students and faculty. Buses will run; neither breakfast nor lunch will be served.
- Freshmen will report to the cafeteria.
- Upperclassmen will pick up schedules in the lobby and report to homeroom.
- All students can pay registration dues as early as Tuesday; they are $20. (See Bookkeeping note.)
- Students will not be able to pay parking dues on Tuesday. They will be $20, but students will pay Coach Crowson in the cafeteria. He will not be collecting money until at least Wednesday.
- We will run the entire schedule on registration day.
- The first full day of school will be Monday, August 8. Day 1 of school is an odd day. All students will report to homeroom first thing through the first week of school.
- We have a Summer Activities Page. We are updating with times and dates through the end of the school year.
- The BHS Calendar tab has been updated with end of the year dates and times. Sports schedules are on the Athletics page. As always, dates, times, and locations are subject to change.
- Bookkeeping note: As parents are writing checks for various organizations and dues, please make all checks payable to Brighton High. On the memo line, please make sure the student's name and grade are included on the check. A phone number also will need to be on there somewhere. Thanks!
December 6, 2002