It's Great to be a Cardinal!
- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: According to the Tipton County Policy, students are allowed to have cell phones or any multi-media devices as long as they are being used for educational purposes in the classroom under teacher observation. If students are using cell phones for other reasons, they can still be confiscated. Confiscated devices can be picked up in the office from
an administrator after a nine week semester for the first offense or at
the end of the school term for the second offense.By signing a contract agreement, devices can be picked up before the
nine week period by parents from the hours of 8am until 4pm
on Wednesdays only.
- Check Out Policy: Students
must have guardian's permission to check out. Seniors must have Coach
Bounds' signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
Disclaimer: All linked sites are not under the control of BHS, and neither the school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our school or district.
UPCOMING EVENTS at BHS:
- JUNIORS AND SENIORS-There will be a county-wide college and career fair in the BHS gymnasium Thursday, October 23 from 5:30-7:30. This event is for students and parents.
- October 30--Report Cards
- October 30 and November 6--Parent-Teacher Conferences 3:15-6:16
- During parent teacher conferences on 10/30, our softball team will be selling hamburger dinners for $5. Dinner includes hamburger, chips, and a drink. See a softball player for a ticket; meals will also be sold without a presold ticket. Dinners will be packaged "to go" for your convenience!
- The yearbook staff has extended the deadline for $65 annuals. Yearbooks will be on sale during parent teacher conferences. After Halloween, the prices will rise to $80. Buy yours at school or online at Yearbook Forever.
- Our VAP kitchen class is selling lunches for
teachers. Please have your order in to Room 115 by Friday for the
following week. A student will deliver your lunch to your room!
- Our football, volleyball, and soccer teams are in action this week! Check them out!Students may purchase (1) sports pass for $40.00 to attend any home regular season athletic event at Brighton High School. We are selling football passes to the community for $25 for varsity, $25 for JV, or $40 for varsity/jv. Football ticket price has risen to $7 at the gate.
- Miss open house? Check out the information that was presented last Thursday night during class meetings.
- NEW 2014-15 traffic routes for pick up and drop offs.
- Our school phone numbers are being updated. The main line
is now 901-840-9400. For a complete list of posted numbers, please
access About BHS-Contact Us.
December 6, 2002