- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Your first point of reference should be our school's social networking sites. You could also check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: According to the Tipton County Policy, students are allowed to have cell phones or any multi-media devices as long as they are being used for educational purposes in the classroom under teacher observation. If students are using cell phones for other reasons, they can still be confiscated. Confiscated devices can be picked up in the office from
an administrator after a nine week semester for the first offense or at
the end of the school term for the second offense.By signing a contract agreement, devices can be picked up before the
nine week period by parents from the hours of 8am until 4pm
on Wednesdays only.
- Check Out Policy: Students
must have guardian's permission to check out. Seniors must have Coach
Crowson's signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
Disclaimer: All linked sites are not under the control of BHS, and neither the school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our school or district.
UPCOMING EVENTS at BHS:
- WELCOME BACK!
- Mark your calendars: Open House is August 31 from 6:30-8:00 pm.
- Freshmen-6:30 meet in the gym with counselors; meet your teachers from 7:15-8:00.
- Sophomores-Meet your teachers from 6:00-7:15; 7:15 meet in the gym with counselors
- Juniors-6:30 meet in the cafeteria with counselors; meet your teachers from 7:15-8:00.
- Seniors-Meet your teachers from 6:00-7:15; 7:15 meet in the cafeteria with counselors
- Student sports passes are for sale! See Coach Crowson. $40 pass gets you in to ALL home sporting events during the 2015-2016 school year.
- Cheerleading, football, cross country, soccer, volleyball, and golf are all in action. Band competitions start soon. Make plans to support your Cardinals!
- Please check out traffic routes for student arrival/dismissal and parent pickups.
- Remember to check the "BHS Calendar" page for frequent school-wide updates.
December 6, 2002