Brighton High School
Mission Statement: Working as a team, we see our mission as ensuring that our students develop their full potential,
so as lifelong learners they are prepared for the next level and can both contribute to and benefit from society.
- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Note on (New to BHS) Student Registration: Please call the school at 901-840-9400 to make an appointment to register for classes with our counselors. (This does not apply to 8th graders registering during 8th grade registration week.)
- Bookkeeping Note: As parents are writing checks for various organizations and dues, please make all checks payable to Brighton High. On the memo line, please make sure the student's name and grade are included on the check. A phone number also will need to be on there somewhere. Thanks!
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Your first point of reference should be our school's social networking sites. You could also check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: If a device is confiscated, the phone can be picked up at the end of the day in the front office by a parent or guardian.
- Check Out Policy: Students must have guardian's permission to check out. After 5 checkouts, parents must check out students in person. Seniors must have Coach Crowson's signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
Monday-Beale Street (Dress like your favorite musician)
Tuesday-Bourbon Street (Mardi Gras theme)
Wednesday-Greek Street (Fraternity/Sorority Dress)
Thursday-Rodeo Drive (Hollywood vs Hillbilly)
Friday-Cardinal Cove (School spirit dress)
Upcoming Events and News
2020-2021 SCHOOL YEAR:
College App Week is October 5-8, 2020.
Juniors, order your class ring from Herff Jones today!
Any students that have participated in a varsity sport, cheer, or band that wish to purchase a letter jacket, see Coach Crowson or order online below. https://gsjackets.com/
Communication 11-September 21-Fall Break (9/17/20)
Communication 10-Week of August 31-September 4 (8/31/20)
Communication 9-Week of August 24-28 (8/23/20)
Communication 8-Drive Through Lunch Pick Up Guidelines (8/20/20)
Communication 7-Face to Face Learners, A Final Word Before Monday (8/16/20)
Communication 6-Distance Learning Student Expectations (8/14/20)
Communication 5-Week of August 10-14 Happenings (8/9/20)
Communication 4-Distance Learning Orientation is mandatory. Check the link for times. (8/4/20)
Communication 3-2020-2021 School Opening (7/29/20)
Communication 2-2020-2021 School Opening (7/17/20)
Communication 1-2020-2021 Initial Plan to Open Schools (7/13/20)
TRANSCRIPTS are available by clicking the link and hard copies are in the front office. Email or fax transcript requests to Nina Makris If you need a transcript or a PERMIT REQUEST form filled out, please pick them up in the front office and and please allow a 2 day processing window.
Please save your receipts! We cannot issue a refund without a receipt.
Order your 2021 25th Anniversary Cardinal Yearbook NOW!
Questions or comments? Contact the BHS Webmaster
Disclaimer: All linked sites are not under the control of BHS, and neither the school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our school or district.