As stated in the TIpton County Board of Education Policy Manual
, (page 11) students shall dress and groom in a clean, neat, and modest manner so as not to distract or interfere with the operation of the school. Any form of dress or hairstyle which is contrary to good hygiene or which is disruptive or detrimental to the orderly educational progress of other students will not be permitted. When a student is attired in a manner, which is likely to cause disruption or interference with the operation of the school, the principal shall take appropriate action, which may include suspension.
- If pants have belt loops, a belt must be worn. (All jeans require a belt.)
- All pants must be worn at the waist level.
- Shoulders on shirts must be a minimum of four (4) finger in width.
- Capris must come down past the knee or they are considered shorts.
- Blouses that are too revealing require an undershirt to cover properly.
The following items are NOT
- Low-riding, baggy, or oversized pants
- Parachute or oversized-flared leg pants
- Clothing that displays identification with non-school groups
- Caps, hats, or head coverings of any type
- Any apparel made from spandex material or apparel worn so tight that it is distracting
- "Mesh" shirts, tank tops, "cutoff" tops or see through shirts
- Exposed midriffs-midriffs must be covered at all times including when students are seated and/or raising their hands
- Cleavage-NOT allowed to be shown at any time
- Clothing or accessory that displays any connotation of alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, or any sexual innuendos conveying suggestive or inappropriate messages
- Articles of clothing that are ripped or torn
- Body piercing with the exception of ear piercing
- Flip flops or house shoes
- Skirts (including slits) above the knee
- Jeans and/or pants with holes
The list above is not all-inclusive. For orderly and efficient operation of the school, the school administration may determine other attire inappropriate as situations arise. If there is a question as to whether an article of clothing is appropriate for school wear, the school administration should be contacted prior to wearing.