- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Note on (New to BHS) Student Registration: Please call the school at 901-840-9400 to make an appointment to register for classes with our counselors. (This does not apply to 8th graders registering during 8th grade registration week.)
- Bookkeeping Note: As parents are writing checks for various organizations and dues, please make all checks payable to Brighton High. On the memo line, please make sure the student's name and grade are included on the check. A phone number also will need to be on there somewhere. Thanks!
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Your first point of reference should be our school's social networking sites. You could also check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: According to the Tipton County Policy, students are allowed to have cell phones or any multi-media devices as long as they are being used for educational purposes in the classroom under teacher observation. If students are using cell phones for other reasons, they can still be confiscated. Confiscated devices can be picked up in the office from
an administrator after a nine week semester for the first offense or at
the end of the school term for the second offense.By signing a contract agreement, devices can be picked up before the
nine week period by parents from the hours of 8am until 4pm
on Wednesdays only.
- Check Out Policy: Students
must have guardian's permission to check out. Seniors must have Coach
Crowson's signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND NEWS at BHS:
- Registration for current freshmen, sophomores, and juniors will run from April 3-21. Students will be getting an appointment card and parents can attend if they wish. (If students miss their scheduled appointments, they will be rescheduled after 4/21.)
- Future Cardinals: 8th Grade Open House will be May 2 at 2 pm. 8th grade registration dates:
- 5/9 and 5/11: 3:30-7 pm at BHS
- 5/10, 5/12, and 5/15: 8:00-3:00 at BMS
- Attention: Beginning on 8/1/17, there will be a $2 fee for processing transcripts for alumni. Graduating seniors will have until August 1 of each year to request transcripts as a student.
- Online ticket sales for BHS athletic events are now live! Baseball and softball have been added; fall sports will be soon.
- Sports passes are still on sale for $40. This deal is open to students only, and a sports pass admits students into all home games during the school year.
- Check out our athletics tab and school calendar tab for full schedules of events. Basketball, wrestling, and bowling are all in season. Thank you for supporting our Cardinals!
December 6, 2002