RING IN THE HOLIDAY SEASON!
- Operating Hours:The Brighton High School front office is open from 7:00 am-4:00 pm during the school year. The tardy bell rings in the morning at 7:32; first dismissal is at 2:35.
- Inclement Weather Policy: When winter weather approaches, please note that if schools are out, no one will be in the office to answer phones nor will the website be updated to let you know. Your first point of reference should be our school's social networking sites. You could also check CBS, NBC, or ABC local news. The Leader and Action News 5 social networking sites are excellent resources. After a missed day of school, the odd/even schedule resumes. (If we are not in school on an odd day, for example, then the next day will be odd.) School starts at 7:32; watch for hourly delays as well.
- Multi-Media Policy: According to the Tipton County Policy, students are allowed to have cell phones or any multi-media devices as long as they are being used for educational purposes in the classroom under teacher observation. If students are using cell phones for other reasons, they can still be confiscated. Confiscated devices can be picked up in the office from
an administrator after a nine week semester for the first offense or at
the end of the school term for the second offense.By signing a contract agreement, devices can be picked up before the
nine week period by parents from the hours of 8am until 4pm
on Wednesdays only.
- Check Out Policy: Students
must have guardian's permission to check out. Seniors must have Coach
Crowson's signature. No student may check out after 2:15 pm.
Disclaimer: All linked sites are not under the control of BHS, and neither the school nor the district is responsible for the contents of any of these linked sites or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. These links are offered to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by our school or district.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND NEWS at BHS:
- Our junior counselor, Mrs. Mary Jackson, has compiled a junior newsletter for this semester focusing on registration and what to do to prepare for senior year! Sophomore and freshmen newsletters are also up on the counselors' webpage.
- Congratulations to our HOSA regional competition winners! These students will be advancing to state competition in the spring.
- Seniors applying for the Tennessee Promise need to fill out FAFSA by January 17.
- January 11 begins the attendance policy for seniors to be eligible to be exempt from exams. Students are allowed only 1 excused absence per class; no unexcused absences or ISP days can count.
- Sports passes are still on sale for $40. This deal is open to students only, and a sports pass admits students into all home games during the school year.
- Check out our athletics tab and school calendar tab for full schedules of events. Basketball, wrestling, and bowling are all in season. Thank you for supporting our Cardinals!
- Bookkeeping note: As parents are writing checks for various organizations and dues, please make all checks payable to Brighton High. On the memo line, please make sure the student's name and grade are included on the check. A phone number also will need to be on there somewhere. Thanks!
December 6, 2002